I know, another large break in between postings.
Many things change, at such rapid pace, I cannot even begin to say how many times I think to myself “I should blog about that,” or “I need to write” and I do not do it. So here is a rapid fire list of things that I know I need to story about and share.
- I did an incredible talk with a health unit in a neighbouring county this last week. I do not keep track of how many lectures I have given, hundreds I think by now but this time it felt new. Perhaps being in a new space with new participants or maybe it was the enthusiasm in which my message was received. Whatever it was, I want another hit of that again. And has made me think more about the larger conference circuit.
- Elgin Community Loss has changed from monthly meetings to an online space with membership initiating their own private meetings. It is working nicely and the online space is super accessible. I know I told myself I would go to a bereavement support meeting 100 times before I finally did. Online makes it easier for engagement which is nice.
- We built a barnwood accent wall in the living room and I freaking love it. I took pictures all through the process thinking, must blog, but here we are. Maybe that should be the next written project. I took the opportunity to get a new accent chair and revamp the space. It will be 5 years this March since we moved into the Dream on Russet!
- I am 5 courses out of 8 through my Masters Degree as we speak. Who is coming over to celebrate next fall?
- I continue to be frustrated with the lack of engagement from local hospitals regarding looking at the patient experience. I do wonder if I can use my Masters research to further understanding in this area.
- Grief season is beginning to close in, with Christmas around the corner. Every year I wonder, what will this season bring?
The more I write, the more I think of to share. I think it is time to crawl under my blanket scarf and get to writing but first, our girl requested a nacho and movie night… pass the guac!